Pages

the sorting hat

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Europe Highlights: France

I admit that I'm not the most hardworking blogger but I try okay, I try. I'm going to blog about my trip to Europe this time. Firstly, I'd like to thank my mom for being the best travel mate one could ever wished for. We took care of each other and both are always snapping pictures. There were almost a thousand pictures in total but I'll just upload those I like the most.

First up, Paris, France. Everywhere is just so beautiful and dreamy. It's like your're walking in heaven. Paris is suitable for people who are there mainly to relax or shop. In terms of tourist attractions, I find it not as exciting as I expected it to be. Thank goodness the weather is excellent during our whole journey.


Road signs right outside Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG).

 I always thought Asia's traffic is the worst in the world but Paris proved otherwise. People will not budge for you and will stick as near as the car in front of them as possible. Cars could be turning left, right, u-turn anywhere. Quite chaotic.


When you walk, remember that you should be on your right. I made that mistake and the locals were staring at me.

When I was there, the Arc de Triomphe was under maintenance but they did leave a part of it for photographing purposes I guess. I really like how Europeans preserve their historic monuments or buildings instead of demolishing them. It's something the Malaysian government should learn from.



Of course the Eiffel Tower deserve a shot or two at least. Well, I took tons but this is the best shot. It was taken when I was on a cruise along River Seine. The structure is really beautiful if you look up from the bottom of the tower.



It wasn't a very relaxing tour this time so I could only manage to buy some Macarons from Pierre Herme Galleries Lafayette Haussman. The BEST flavour is definitely the ROSE macaron and Chocolate Praline macaron. I'm still craving for it so so much after coming back here. I regretted not buying more when I went to London afterwards.


In Paris, eat all the Escargots you can! The escargot I tried was cooked and soaked in herbs. It was the bomb guys! After you've finished it, make sure to dip your complimentary baguette with its leftover herbs in olive oil. Escargot à la Bourguignone, 7,60€. I had this dish in Le Panorama.
Walking on a quiet street. Their air is generally good and temperature was excellent! I love it when it's cooling especially when we have blazing sun all year long. The breeze was just so comfortable.


Next up, the view of Paris from the Eiffel Tower. So breathtaking! The wind is very chilly up here so prepare to "equip" yourself before going up. A first timer like me will uncontrollably keep staring and not move even a bit for minutes.


The river you see on the picture below is the famed River Seine.


Below are some of the buildings we saw during the hour of River Seine cruise.




No comments:

Post a Comment